Saturday, May 21, 2011

Coupons make me happy...

I love using coupons, especially for new things I haven't tried before.  Recently I was able to try the new Suave Dry Shampoo.  It is really good!!  I think it smells great but most of all gives SO MUCH volume.  I've even been telling people, forget other volumizing products, just a spritz of this at your roots and it gives all day lift.  Here's a down side to mine, I only got to use about 2 1/2 times and when I went to use it yesterday it was completely empty.  So....I'm not sure if I'll buy it again but then I again I liked it so much that maybe this time I'll be more conscience about how much and how many times I actually use it to see it's real worth.

Last night when going to buy the potty seat at Target I went with coupons in hand.  My total was $40, then I used $4 in coupons, a $10 gift card that I got from a coupon when I filled a prescription, then I used our Target debit card saving 5% off my total.  (The Target debit drafts directly from your bank account as if you were using your own debit card except you save 5% on every purchase and then send you coupons)  I saved $15, basically getting Isaac potty seat and some fun Crayola bath crayons free.

I was also able to play "coupon fairy" face to face.  Being Friday night at Target only the really cool people were there.  A new mom and dad got behind me in line.  They had a baby carrier and 2 huge boxes of huggies and other baby stuff.  I clip all baby coupons even if we won't use them for times like this.  I was able to hand her my huggie coupons and similac coupons.  I was so happy because I remember the days of paying $25 for a can of formula, ugh.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Amy! Way to pay it forward!! I need to get back to my coupon dedication. With the chaos of three kids, that has fallen by the wayside... probably when I should be doing it even more! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete