Sunday, June 5, 2011

Documentaries...

Since all of my regular TV shows have ended for the summer, I have started a fun obsession with documentaries.  Thanks to Netflix online, I have a huge variety to choose from.
Here is my current watched list:
Born Rich - Documentary by Jamie Johnson, member of the Johnson and Johnson family.  Jamie Johnson interviews other children that are born into money.  It's really interesting to hear them talk about money, because they were always told never too.
God Grew Tired of Us - Documentary on the lost boys of Sudan.  It is kind of hard to watch because it tells the horrible stories of the genocide of their family, their 1000 mile walk to refugee camps where so many little boys died, and then the fresh beginning few are given in America.  It's cute to see them adjust to our customs, like putting garbage in a can rather than throwing it out the window. :)
Anvil - Follows an 80's metal band that has never broken up and are still chasing their big break.  Kind of sad to see 50 year olds chasing a record contract but keeps you rooting for them to make it big.
Freakonomics - Documentary on the best selling book.  I really liked it because it explains things in ways I understand quickly.  Subjects like cheating, what a name means and cause and effects.
Babies - This wasn't exactly what I thought it would be but very cute and interesting.  Like a Chinese farmer has a baby, they bundle it up with blankets using ropes, she gets on the back of a motorcycle holding the baby in her arms and heads home.
I feel like I've watched a few more but I'll be watching a lot more so I'm sure I'll be blogging again about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment