Saturday, June 11, 2011

More documentaries....

So, I'm still watching documentaries.  We've actually also started watching the second season of Treme which we LOVE.  Since we lived through Hurricane Katrina and several months of clean up we really feel for this show and how it shows New Orleans.  Definitely recommend.  However, it's HBO so don't say I didn't warn you.  Nudity, drinkin' and cussin'.
I haven't watched too many more documentaries but I did watch The September Issue.  I love fashion and Vogue so me watching this was meant to be.  Anna Wintour gets a bad rap but I felt she was just doing her job.  She's good at it and I respect her decisions.  I think sometimes if a women can just be a sharp business women, she's heartless.  I felt that she took the emotion out of business and that was good.  I was dying though at her lifestyle.  Just jealous to be the first to see and touch fashion.  Amazing.
The other documentary I saw could not have been more opposite.  The Wild Whites of West Virginia.  I mean, they are the craziest, white trash people I've ever seen.  Kind of the same sickness as looking at a car crash, that's what this was like.  Uneducated, drugged up criminals that keep reproducing.  I was shocked sometimes and then sad sometimes.  I wanted to just go there and pick up their kids and say, "this isn't normal, you shouldn't be around this".  I had to remind myself, they aren't the only family like this.  The mayor of the town they lived in said it best.  They (the town) have a kid from the back woods off WV that got into MIT, a camera crew should be following him, not these people.
I will continue to try and catch more documentaries.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment