Tuesday, August 31, 2010

No eating out...really?

So, my family is about to embark on a huge challenge.  Our challenge is to not eat out at all during the month of September.  Not lunch, not dinner, nothing.  The two exceptions to the rule is if we have a gift card to cover the entire amount or if it is paid for by someone else.  I got this idea from another website I follow, www.couponingtodisney.com.  I was introduced to this website by my money saving partner in crime, Kristen.  On the website they have challenged people to do this, even if they don't stop all together, just even eating out 30% less.  The goal is to save money and in turn I'm sure it will also help our waist lines.  Dylan and I don't eat out every day or anything but it definitely can be a few times a week for the both of us.  I'm really curious to see how this month will go because we love to go out, especially on Friday nights.
My hope is that football season is about to start and we will spend our money not going out but on having a great time grilling and watching football with friends.  Spending money on that will be way more fun than getting Subway twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment