Saturday, September 18, 2010

What a week!

This was such a long week!
On Tuesday we took Isaac to see an ENT about his ears.  I am so glad we went.  Isaac had his ears looked at and then a hearing test.  We learned that even though 1 day earlier we had finished antibiotics getting over an ear infection, he already had infected fluid in his ears.  During the hearing test I could really tell all that he wasn't hearing because of the fluid.  Normally hearing should be able to hear between 0-20 decibels but Isaac couldn't hear anything below 35!  We scheduled his surgery for tubes on September 27.  I wish it was today!  Yesterday I picked him up from school, he had a fever and another infection.  Poor baby just needs a break and we're ready for the tubes.
Backing up, on Monday we found out that our very good friend Matt will be deployed to Afganistan in 18 days!  The emotions were overwhelming.  We share a very special bond with Matt and his wife Meagan.  We met them in birthing class and our sweet babies are 3 days apart.  The day I checked out of the hospital, Meagan checked in.  We spent my entire maternity leave hanging out.  Please pray for them.  We are hanging out with them tonight to enjoy some pulled pork nachos and watch the Texas game together.  Can't wait to see the babies together!
On another fun note my Herman Miller items came in!!  I've always wanted an Eames molded plastic armchair and Hang it all.  Right now Herman Miller has Limited Edition Walnut Hang it Alls.  This is perfect because it goes with my lounge chair and ottoman.  I got my plastic armchair in a new color Sparrow.  It's kind of a khaki color so it should go with any decor forever.  I'm hoping to find a really cute pillow to sit in the seat.
This is what my chair looks like, only Sparrow colored!


No comments:

Post a Comment