Sunday, December 5, 2010

Is it really Christmas time?

For those of you that are in the Austin area you probably feel the way I do.  It doesn't feel like Christmas time.  Stores are decorated but not very crowded.  The weather doesn't help at all, 78 degrees every afternoon is killing me.  It's nice, but weird.  It just doesn't feel like that magical time of year.  I'm sure I'm not helping myself by not decorating.  We decided that we're not going to decorate.  It's only 3 weeks until we leave for my parents house and the thought of having to take it down is what makes me not want to.  Dylan mentioned maybe just putting the tree up with lights but no ornaments which we might do.

Yesterday I did do some holiday shopping.  My family decided that we'll draw names.  I was able to buy a gift for Dylan's person as well as my SIL(sister in law).  Since there are hundreds of options I feel I can at least say where I bought the gifts.  My sweet neighbor (who drops of boxes of toys her son doesn't play with, awesome!) was hosting a thirtyonegifts.com party.  I've seen a lot of these lately online and since I feel somewhat obsessed with monogramming, this is the perfect thing for me.  My good friend Kristen came with me and we both behaved by not going too crazy with buying, even though we both seriously considered signing up to be consultants just for the discount. :)

While I was at the party Dylan took Isaac downtown to the UT Co-op to meet the real Bevo!  For a small donation, that goes to feeding and taking care of Bevo, you got to take a picture with him.  Here are some pictures for the meeting.




Seriously, a gorgeous animal!  So happy they were able to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment