Friday, December 31, 2010

Movie Reviews!

So, I NEVER get to go to the movies and I took full advantage of getting to see a few over the holidays.  While at my parents for Christmas we have a tradition of going to the movies on Christmas Eve.  This year me, Dylan and my Dad went to see The Fighter.
The Fighter
The Fighter is a true story about a boxer from Massachusetts who's brother is a crack addict but also his trainer.  It stars Mark Walburg, Christian Bale and Amy Adams.  It was really good!!  Now, keep in mind you will be hearing the F-word ALOT but the acting is so great.  Watching Mark Walburg train made me seriously want to get back in shape.  Amy Adams is such a tough chick and her accent was awesome.  If you enjoy boxing I would recommend the movie.
Black Swan
I was so happy to get to see Black Swan yesterday.  We were sent home from work at 1pm so Dylan and I raced to see the 1:55pm showing while Isaac was still at school.  Black Swan is beautiful!  Natalie Portman was amazing.  Natalie Portman plays a disciplined ballerina that wants to earn the role of Swan Queen in Swan Lake.  Her relationship with her mother and with the director are so twisted that it's good.  I jumped a few times and was thrilled by the beautiful music.  There are a few sex scenes so don't say I didn't warn you.
Hopefully you'll get to go to the movies since there are so many good ones out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment