Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My week off so far...

I am taking this whole week off and so far it's been so great.  It has kind of reminded me of maternity leave without the middle of the night feedings.  I had a lot of expectations for this week and it's gone somewhat the way I had hoped.

Monday I was able to clean out all of the clothes I have been meaning to donate.  I also went through Isaac's clothes and found a small amount that I know I don't want.  As I was going through my clothes I realized a lot are still in decent condition.  I picked a bag of stuff out and headed to Plato's Closet.  Like most people I thought they'd buy all of it, why wouldn't they? :)  They actually bought 7 items for $20.  Since I was just going to drop them off at The Salvation Army, making an unexpected $20 was still awesome.  Just FYI, they told me they are looking to buy boots, sandals and summer shorts.
 
Tuesday did not happen at all as I thought.  On Friday I got the reminder call about Isaac's 18 month check up on Tuesday.  I had completely forgotten and thank goodness it was this week while I'm off.  His check up went well.  He really loves his doctor and doesn't mind the check up.  However, this is the first time he's remembered the nurses.  The nurse that has always given him his shots came in and he freaked.  He tried to run, hide behind my legs.  Poor thing was crying and screaming "dadda, dadda".  It was totally pitiful.  He got one in each leg and is now old enough to look at me and point to his "owwie".  He slept for two hours after that which was the only time I had all day to get anything done.  I was able to really start organizing my closet and drawers.  Since I had only a short time my closet and room look worse than when I began.  I'm looking forward to finishing the rest tomorrow.

Wow this week is almost half over already!!  I'm so glad I took this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment